Saturday, January 2, 2010

Really, Really Cold

The tree is sitting in a big pile by the sidewalk with all of the dead greenery that had been hanging over our fireplace. The lights are all packed up, and the work is done. The house is a little darker, quite a bit less colorful, and outside it is really, really cold. Now we hunker down and begin the wait for warmer weather.

Here is a list of the things we CAN do now:
Have friends over, laugh
Nap
Eat stews, soups, root vegetables and winter greens, and the grass fed, organic beef in our freezer
Have some tasty beverages
Play lots of card games, tournaments even!
Work out at the gym
Do a puzzle
Paint, draw, write
Make funny YouTubes, watch funny YouTubes
Go to the movies
Watch movies in bed
Send cards/letters to friends
Play with Ginny and her friend, Lucy
Read, pray, sing, play the piano/organ
Blog
Ski (if we can come up with the money)


How do you deal with the winter "what do we do nows?" What are your ideas?

5 comments:

Mary Beth said...

Great ideas and I intend to do a lot of them! I love the picture - it looks a lot like my couch except I have several cats interspersed amongst the dogs.

Jessica said...

what a sweet pic of jenny and her friend. love it!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

stacy beam said...

Thanks Anonymous!

Anonymous said...

I'm putting hibernation on my list... of course we know that my list are just pieces of paper that contain words and/or sentence merely for my viewing pleasure only. To actually mark anything "off" on my list would be an accomplishment... sigh.