Saturday, April 25, 2009

Who Said Work Couldn't be Fun?

Last night began with a quick show that was finished before nine-o'clock. Then came the party! In an elegant but not stuffy ballroom Amanda and I danced like nobody was watching until we looked like the Biggest Losers after last chance workout. We had delicious food, plenty of drinks, and we all boogied the night away to a hot dance band complete with live brass, fantastic singers, and enough fire to set off three smoke alarms. Even the little kids were dancing! It was the most fun I've had at an exhibitor's party since I was five years old in Decatur, AL and I peed in my pants to avoid having to leave the sawdust dance floor.

This morning, I could have just stayed in bed but Amanda had a plan. We headed out at about 8:45 to the little German bakery, then went to this picturesque park. Norman Rockwell could not have painted a prettier park. We jogged, did some push-ups, found some perfect monkey bars for pull-ups, did lunges, squats, jumps, and found all sorts of ways to sweat off a few of last night's bacon wrapped scallops.

Now it's time to squeeze some work into what has felt a lot like a vacation. I have two sessions to play for today and then we leave for NYC. Who said work couldn't be fun?

No comments: