Thursday, December 17, 2009

I Believe


I believe:

That no paycheck is big enough to make me live a life that is untrue.

It's not just OK to be different, it's more fun most of the time.

Getting to do your dream is worth a lot of sweat.

That I am an artist.

January 29th, 2004 was the luckiest day of my life; because I married my dear Amanda on that day.

That dogs are a gift sent from God to teach us some of life's most important lessons.

There are a whole lot of things we could all just lighten up about.

There are a few things that must never be compromised.

That we live in the greatest nation in history.

Whining is a sin, and I'm guilty.

That relationships are the most important thing in life.

That I am worthy of my goals because God made me that way.

In God the Father Almighty,

Creator of heaven and earth;

And in Jesus Christ, His only Son our Lord;

who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,

born of the Virgin Mary,

suffered under Pontius Pilate,

was crucified, dead, and buried;

He descended into hell;

the third day He rose again from the dead;

He ascended into heaven,

and sitteth on the right hand of God the Father Almighty;

from thence He shall come to judge the quick and the dead.

I believe in the Holy Spirit,

the holy catholic Church,

the communion of saints,

the forgiveness of sins,

the resurrection of the body,

and the life everlasting. Amen.

What do you believe?

5 comments:

ann Miller said...

hey stacy........ i've been following your blog this year and it always inspires me in some way... keep it up and heres to you and Amanda having a wonderful Christmas and great new year! thanks for your photo of the 3 of you! it's has a special place on my 'wall of fame', my frig!
ann

Angela Satterfield said...

AMEN!

Thanks for your friendship, Stacy!

Unknown said...

Stacy, I actually started a list as soon as you posted this. I took it to heart. What a great way to stop and tell yourself what matters (and what doesn't)!
If I get back to my list (on my laptop), I'll share it. :)

Unknown said...

Ok, Stacy. I'm gonna copy/paste what I wrote when I read this. I haven't gotten to go back and edit or add. But I wanted to let you know I really did think about it. :)

I believe . . .

God is so much, much, MUCH, MUUUUCCCHHH bigger than most people give Him credit for.

in prayer.

Love is more powerful than anything -- doubt, fear, pettiness, selfishness, loneliness -- and is, in fact, the opposite of these things. Whatever is wrong, love is always the right.

taking a child's joy is unforgivable.

in honesty and truth.

in SILENCE.

in simplicity.

in things that are timeless -- in a full spectrum of actions, interactions, and belongings.

in curiosity and fascination.

in being generous -- in spirit and action. Sometimes I am and sometimes I fail MISERABLY.

that my worst demon is self-doubt. And the times I conquer it are when I am giving myself away.

that children are gifts -- all children.

that all children begin with limitless potential, and only lose it when the people around them who care for them and can teach them drop the ball.

that I should take time for myself and do something besides be a mom sometimes. (I haven't done this since Iris was born). And I believe that doing this would actually make me a *better* mom.

that there is a general trend toward separation, distance, loneliness, and alienation in our society.

in telling people that they are special in some way, because each of them are.

stacy beam said...

Well said Christina.