Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Rain, Rain, Soggy, Sloppy Rain

Lately I have been feeling a little soggy, sloppy, slimy. Just like everyone in the southeast. With this relentless rain and temps in the 80's for weeks in a row now, if I'm not getting wet from what's falling out of the sky, it's what's pouring out of me like Hoover Dam just busted open out from under my armpits.

Now Autumn is my favorite season, so I do have the consolation of knowing that at least the temperatures will soon subside, and hopefully we will be drying out a bit too. The other upside is that when the sun does decide to show it's beautiful face again, everything will be so green and lush, like a tropical rain forest in good ole' Dixie.

What a change from this time last year when we were all so parched that an eyedropper full of rain was as scarce as hen's teeth.

I guess this all boils down to the fact that, if you just look around and choose to learn, you can find something positive in every situation. I love the seasons. I think God gives them to us so we can better appreciate his creation. We get to see it in a full array of Fall color, the fury of a powerful lightening storm, the peaceful Winter snows, Spring's verdant bliss, and the lazy, hazy, crazy days of Summer. About the time one is coming to a close, I cannot wait for the other to bring something different.

Life is that way. If you are stuck, just hold on, keep looking toward heaven, and a new season will come eventually. You might even learn some patience in the meantime.

No comments: