Thursday, September 10, 2009

9-11



This is a day that forever take me back. A day that will always make me ache with sadness and swell with pride. A day that I still have nightmares about from time to time. This is a day that makes me so mad that I could easily justify the most horrendous torture imaginable if it meant bringing every last one of those pathetic murderers who knocked down our twin towers and killed our firemen and innocent civilians to justice.

I work out with a bunch of firemen and EMTs. I know that their wives worry about them every time they go to work. I know that they are some of the toughest guys I have ever encountered. I know that I do not have what it takes to do what they do. God has gifted them with a bravery and a sense of adventure that I envy and respect.

The men who walked into those buildings with the singular mission that was to save as many lives as possible were that same breed. Brave, selfless, yea, maybe a little rough around the edges, but when things get as bad as they can get, those are the guys I want backing me up.

Never forget. Never forget. Never forget the surge of patriotism that we all felt together, the fear we shared, the tears we cried, the painful hours we spent glued to the TV, the blood we donated, the ones who are still fighting the fight that began that terrible day, the ones who died that day. Never forget.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Amen.

Stacey Wilson said...

Hi friend,
Great post! Is below your current mailing address AND I need your e-mail address. I dropped my FB page for time efficiency reasons!!

320 E College St
Murfreesboro, TN 37130-3825

e-mail me: dolanwilson@aol.com
Say hello to Amanda for me!

Thanks,
Stacey