Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Awaken!

I have mentioned in this blog that Amanda and I have a new business based on our belief in redemption, or giving new life to old things. In other words, we are "Awaken" -ing the potential in wood from old fences, Mamaw's old furniture, thrift store and yard sale treasures, whatever we find that needs a new lease on life. We are planning an event to kick off what will be our online business called Awaken. You will soon be able to shop for furniture, art, lighting, and handmade accessories, all custom, one of a kind, by Amanda and I, and inspired by products you would expect to find in stores like Anthropology, At Home, and Pottery Barn.

The grand opening event will be at our home in Murfreesboro, Tennessee on Saturday, July 25th. Basically, we are transforming the front rooms in our house into a temporary showroom where our sale items will be priced and available for purchase.

Here are a few of the things that we plan to offer.
Black and White Retro Rocker. Our friend Patrick at Patrick's Upholstery in Arab did a jam up job giving new life to several things for us. Amanda found this sixties mod glider at a Murfreesboro yard sale and picked out the cool, clean, off white linen fabric for it.


Over sized Turquoise, Brown and White Cherry Blossom Branch and Bird art with cedar fence frame, 5ft 7in x 3ft including frame. I painted this simple piece with the huge frame in mind. I made it from a cedar plank fence that my dad had torn down a few years ago.


Retro lamp with hand painted shade. This lamp was just crying out for some new wiring, paint, and a shade at the thrift store where I found it. I saw the pattern I painted onto the shade in one of Amanda's Domino magazines. There are some little pink birdies in there if you look closely.


Antique white mirrored wardrobe. This was our find of the day when we went to the five hundred mile yard sale after the Strawberry Festival in Springfield, Tennessee a few months ago. We gave it the bright bird's egg blue interior and a fresh, weathered white exterior.


White wire tea light candelabra and plant stand on farmhouse table. These wire pieces were also from the Strawberry Festival day. I made the table they are sitting on and will post more photos later.

I look forward to your input and hope to see you at our house Saturday the 25th of this month!

1 comment:

Leeese said...

Stacy, I am wowed. I wish I lived closer; I would absolutely attend your kick-off. My main question is: will photos of the goods be posted before the event so those of us who can't attend can peruse and call dibs?

I have expectations of great success for you with this!